Sunday, January 27, 2008

Kenny

Today was not a good day. I cried on the way to and during church. My heart is so heavy regarding the death of a friend, Kenny Maxey. Kenny and I went to school together from the first grade through high school. We graduated together in 1991, but we haven't seen one another in years. I didn't even know that Kenny still lived here in Monroe. I was going to go to the funeral home tonight, but I wasn't in the mood to see alot of people. I just couldn't pull myself together to see old friends or to see Kenny lying in a casket. I do plan to go to the funeral tomorrow at 2:00. I thought maybe I could go and mourn by myself. Kenny was a great friend. We weren't always close, but having gone through school together all our lives, there was a connection and I am dishearted that this is the first close classmate of mine to die. He was so smart and could have done so many wonderful things! I know I'll see him again one day.

This is the first day since the end of November that I've felt so low.

No comments: