Monday, December 3, 2007

Conscious Choices

I recently bought the new Beth Moore “Whispers of Hope” daily planner. It is filled with monthly and weekly calendars and each week there is a new Bible reading and devotion from Beth. I’m hoping it will bring a little organization and calmness to my life. Would you believe the first devotional was about organization and creativity? Here is a quote from that devotion: “What God is doing in your life right now may not make sense to you…It’s because He’s creative. God wants us to surrender to His will, but we tend to want a blueprint of His plans so we can decide whether or not to surrender. In His wisdom, God knew the work [first three days of creation] was good because He knew what was coming next. He knows what’s coming next for you. That’s why He can judge His work in you as good.” Those few sentences described me to a T! It’s so hard to imagine that God has got something even better planned for my life.

When I think back to this day a week ago, it is so amazing at how quickly circumstances and situations (emotions) can change. Last Monday was just awful with the dream and yet no sleep and all the other hoopla that went along with it. And yet today has been such a blessing! Today has been a day of great triumph for me personally. This morning I talked to my old friend and boss who has relocated to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was with the most awesome peace that I was able to turn down her job offer for the Controller position there. I have no second thoughts. Sharon Evans was so right when she said that God will give you what you need when you need it. Each and every day, I am making a conscious choice to trust and believe that God has got something way better planned for my life. I say a “conscious” effort, because there are days when I really don’t want to believe it and yet by the strength of God’s grace, I do. It is truly a remarkable feeling to know – beyond a shadow of a doubt – that you are living in the will of God and resting in his promises for tomorrow.

Thank you, God, for every blessing, every heart ache, every tear, and every promise. Thank you for the Grace to hold on even when I feel like all hope is gone. Thank you for your Son, in whom I place my trust.

No comments: