Wednesday, December 19, 2007

God Revealed

Luke 2:6-7, "And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn."

I just love this picture! Can you imagine these sweet baby feet being the Holy feet of God? Ten perfect little toes. Perfect, indeed. It amazes me that a great, magnificent God allowed Himself to be poured into a tiny babe. What a miracle! What love! What sacrifice!

Father, I thank you for the miracle birth of your son. And even though I will never be able to comprehend the "how" from this side of Heaven, I choose to believe that you sent your son; that he was born of the virgin Mary and that he later died for my sins. I thank you for the love and perfection that was poured in to that little baby that night when there was no room for you to lay your head. I pray for the wisdom to always have room for you in my heart and in my life.

No comments: