Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Am

Revelations 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega - the begining and the end," says the Lord God, "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come - the Almighty One."

Hannah Whitall Smith asks, "What does this "I am" include? I believe it includes everything the human heart longs for and needs. This unfinished name of God seems to me like a blank check signed by a rich friend given to us to be filled in with whatever sum we may desire. The whole Bible tells us what it means. Every attribute of God, every revelation of His character, every proof of His undying love, every declaration of His watchful care, every assertion of His purposes of tender mercy, every manifestation of His loving kindness - all are the fulling out of this unfinished "I am."

No comments: