Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thirst

I am not quite sure, but I feel responsible for my friend. Not responsible in the sense that it's my fault, but responsible for helping her get past the drama. I feel like God has put this person in my life for a reason.

Listening to her talk, it can be so easy to get involved in the chaos of it all. Sometimes I want to yell at her and tell her how ridiculious she is and the next minute I want to give her a hug and tell her she's going to get through this. I want to scream, "You need to get your behind in church," but I'm not sure it's the right time for that. I feel like the best thing I can do is encourage her and let her know that she's making the right decisions by going to counseling and staying completely away from the men folk.

I continue to pray for words...for wisdom...for guidance. I keep thinking about the woman at the well that Jesus met and how he never condemned her but simply spoke to her. I can't very well tell my friend, "I can give you water that will never make you thirst again," but I can show her what that water looks like in hope that one day she truly never will thirst again.

No comments: