Sunday, February 10, 2008

Living Room

I read these verses in Psalms during Bill's sermon this morning: "Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O Lord. How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings (Psalms 36:5-7)." I loved those verses! We've been talking in our Bible study group about prayer and praising God for His attributes. These two verses alone identify five of God's attributes: His unfailing love, His faithfulness, His righteousness, His justice, and His care. I love how the verse ends...reminding us that we can find shelter in Him. After all, that's the way God wants us...close to Him, in His prescence.

On my way to the grocery store this afternoon, I was listening to Mark Harris' new CD. Mark use to sing with the group "4 Him." I loved the chourus to his song, "Living Room." Here are the words to the chourus: "So come through the doorway/I've closed in the past/And tear down the walls of my pride/Open the windows and/push out the darkness by/Letting in Heaven's pure light/Banish the silence-open this tomb/Fill up my heart and/Make it Your Living Room." Talk about a renovation!

No comments: