Wednesday, November 28, 2007

November Bible Study

I told my counselor on Monday that I was planning a special Bible study meeting on Tuesday…that we were having a guest speaker that is dear to my heart...that I was so worried about how I was going to introduce her to the group and that I had to remember to pick up the sandwich tray. She reminded me that Satan knows my weaknesses and also made the comment that maybe through the dream and set back that day, he was trying to take my focus off my plans for the Lord because God was getting ready to do something extra special on Tuesday night. Sometimes I think I under estimate the power Satan can have over my life. The Bible says that he is like a roaring lion and that he is out to destroy me. I admit that I am not always aware of Satan’s traps and sometimes I might brush off situations and circumstances because “that’s just the way the world is” or just not really being cognizant of Satan’s schemes. But didn’t Christ tell us to be “in the world” but “not of the world”? And I realized that I needed to be more on my toes about this lion that wants nothing more than to see me fail. My strength was renewed and I was determined that I was not going to let depression get the best of me, that I was going to continue fighting Alise over the whole potty training thing and that I was going to do the best job that I could at work. All for the Glory of God.

Last night, God did do something pretty special at Bible Study. I admit that I was a little anxious about the attendance since our group only includes seven girls, but after Lisa made that comment on Monday, I finally just gave it over to the Lord and said, “Ya know what, God? You make it happen. It’s not about me or what I want, but about what you want.” So don’t find it hard to believe that we had seven girls there – including the guest speaker. Only one friend wasn’t able to make it. It was the most “real” experience I’ve had with my Bible study buddies in a long time! We laughed, we cried, and we listened to Sharon as she told us the story about Jared’s accident and the things that she learned through the experience. My favorite part of the whole night was the scripture verses that Sharon had us read. She had a particular story or reason those five verses meant so much to her. She made the comment regarding the peace God gave her at the hospital when Jared was brought in and she said that God is so good to give us exactly what we need when we need it. After I got home, I was so excited that I couldn’t sleep (again! But no more dreams this time!). I was so energized! Hearing Sharon’s story about her faith walk just inspired me to try and do so much better than what I am already doing. I made the comment when I introduced her that I was not surprised be her inspirational emails that began circulating after Jared’s wreck because I knew who she walked with every day. God truly is so good!

No comments: