Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mirya Carey Quote

Mariah Carey is on the front cover of "Redbook's" December issue. I did not read the entire interview but I thought the following quote was interesting.

Mariah said that she celebrates Christmas with family and friends at her home in Aspen, Colorado. When describing her decorations, she says, "...And we have a manager set up in the front room because, to me, the season is about celebrating, about being with friends and loved ones, but first and foremost it's about the birth of Christ, and I think it's important to remember that."

The interviewer's next question is: "How does that religious aspect of the holiday fit into your celebration?"

Mariah responds, "One year I did a concert for Camp Mariah....that benefits underprivileged children. And every year I work with the foster kids of Denver. We do holiday events for them....Santa comes...."

My question is, did Mariah totally misunderstand that last question or does she totally misunderstand the "religious aspect of the holiday being the birth of Christ"?

(Source: Redbook, December 2008, "Mariah's Sweet Dreams of Christmas, by Julia Dahl, page 122)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

It sounds like Mariah is wanting to do things for children, but yeah, it also sounds like she missed the celebrating of Christ's birth just by those quotes you have. I hope you have a great weekend!