Thursday, November 6, 2008

Falling

This evening when I was leaving work, I fell just outside the back door that leads to our building. I didn't slip; my ankle just gave and down I went. Of course, it had been raining, so I got wet, too. I was so thankful that no one was around - that I know of - to see me fall.

The first thing that entered my head when I managed to get back up was Ephesians 2:8, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God." Instead of berating myself subconsciously about how stupid and grace-less I was, a Bible verse came to mind. And of all Bible verses, why this one?

I'm still trying to figure this one out.

1 comment:

hippo chick said...

Maybe because you were saved from real harm???

I just wanted to stop by and say I was yelling "Roll Tide" along with you and Cheryl this afternoon.

~hippo hugs~
Pam