Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Closed Doors


"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
--Helen Keller

When I read this quote by Helen Keller, I was gently reminded of how blinded I have become to the circumstances in my life. I truly believe that the door to my idea of "having a career" has been closed. It closed the day our competitor bought the facility where I work. But I notice that "work" is a present-tense verb. It doesn't end in "ed." I still work. I still have a job to get up to each and every morning. The choice I made to stay here in Monroe and be close to my family was not a closed door at all. It was a window of new opportunity and fulfillment. For the first three months of this year, I did nothing but dwell on the negative and my unhappiness. I wasn't looking at the opened window. I am so blessed that God has worked my situation and frustrations out for good. He loves me enough to allow me to be close to the ones I love and to have time for my husband and daughter. My career would have taken away from that. Thank you, God, for loving me enough to have a plan for my life and giving me the wisdom to see it.

No comments: